The finalists have been announced for the 2014 New Design Britain Awards which run in conjunction with INTERIORS UK. The judges revealed which entrants have made it through to the final, and will be displaying their designs at the UK’s definitive trade interiors event where the winners will be announced.
Now in its 10th year, the New Design Britain awards celebrate young design talent, giving them a platform to industry. The awards are judged according to four categories: Furniture, Furnishing Accessories, Fabrics and Surfaces. Shortlisted from 150 entries, the 2014 finalists are as follows:
– Elizabeth Ret , You Have Been Framed desk chair
– Joe Buttigieg, Red line chair
– Alexander Mueller, Woven easy chair
– Charlotte Millett, Ercol Burst roll up bed
– John Hollington, Elica pendant light
– Juliette Bigley, Whirling beakers
– Bilge Nur Saltik, Share food containers
– Clea Jentsch, Desk tidy
– Clair Whyman, Urban Perspectives
– Chloe Atkins, Hunger Games
– Liz Ramsey, Cool Heat
– Joanna Hughes, Geometric Constructions
– Rebecca Tudor-Price, Barbules Paradise
– Eleanor Walton, Hand printed throw
– Elizabeth- Jane Winstanley, Illusions
– Seema Shah, Wooden Tiles
Judging the Fabrics and Surfaces categories are Diane Goode, buyer at Fromental, John Lewis buyer Anna Rigby, and Director of Rubelli, Vivienne Griffin. You can see the New Design Britain finalists’ designs in Hall 2 at INTERIORS UK in January, where they will be displayed in front of over 20,000 visitors that will include key decision makers from the retail buying, contracting and interior design industries.
The awards run within INTERIORS UK, the largest interiors trade show in the UK, which takes place between 19-22 January 2013 at the NEC Birmingham. The overall winners will be announced on the afternoon of 20 January at the show.